With all the products and procedures available to treat hair loss, how do you know where to start or what choice is best for you? With any cosmetic procedure, it is important to start with a personal consultation. Here at the Quatela Center for Hair Restoration in Rochester, NY, we can help you determine what type of hair loss you have and if there is an underlying medical reason for the loss.
Looking at options
We offer both nonsurgical and surgical options to restore hair loss, depending on patient preference, the amount of hair loss, and the reason for the loss.
- Rogaine®: This topical medication prolongs the growth phase of hair and decreases miniaturization of hair follicles for both men and women.
- Finasteride: This prescription medication is available for male patients. It decreases the production of dihydrotestosterone, or DHT, which is responsible for androgenetic alopecia.
- HairMedica: This line of products relies on plant-based ingredients that accelerate skin cell regeneration, reverse hair loss, stop miniaturization of hair follicles, and trigger renewed strength in the hair. These products can be combined with an LED vibrating derma roller that stimulates blood circulation and enhances absorption of the active ingredients.
- Platelet-Rich Plasma Injections: PRP utilizes your own plasma and growth factors to improve the volume of the hair, reduce loss, and promote new growth.
- Follicular Unit Transplantation: FUT is a surgical procedure performed in our surgical suite using local anesthetic. This procedure includes an incision and may be appropriate for patients with a smaller donor area, or those who need to conceal the donor site.
- Follicular Unit Extraction: FUE performed with Neograft® allows individual grafts to be removed without a larger incision. This procedure is sometimes preferred by patients who like to wear their hair shorter.
All surgical procedures are performed by Dr. Quatela, Dr. Lee, and our highly trained hair team, who has a combined total of more than 25 years of experience dedicated to hair restoration. If you want to discuss your options, request a consultation online or give us a call at (585) 244-0323 to speak with a Patient Consultant.